Omaha Federal Credit Union has teamed up with TurboTax to save you money on TurboTax products. Please click here, click on the image below, or go to our home page and click on the TurboTax top banner to start the process of filing your taxes on-line. TurboTax helps you get your maximum tax refund.
Don’t get caught unprepared during the holiday season. Simple home repairs and improvements you make now will pay off when guests ooh and ahh over your comfortable spaces. See Omaha Federal for your Home Improvement Loan. We offer great loans starting at 3.5% Annual Percentage Rate. Apply on line or call 402-399-9001 and talk to one of our friendly and knowledgeable loan officers.
We have Safe Deposit Boxes available at our Main, Downtown and Blair Branch offices. We have very competitive annual rates on these boxes and we have several different sizes to choose from. Boxes start as low as $15 annually. Start protecting your important items today! Stop by or call our office today to get more information. 402-399-9001
We currently have a 14 Month Certificate Special of .90% APY (Annual Percentage Yield) with a minimum deposit of $500.00 and a 23 Month Certificate Special of 1.10% APY. This is a limited time offer.
The fastest growing crime in America is identity theft, and the best protection is prevention. Here are some tips to safeguard your good name: 1. Protect your Social Security number. Do not carry your card in your wallet. 2. Do not give out your personal information unless you made the contact. Scam artists “phish” for victims by pretending to be credit unions, banks, stores, government agencies, etc. They do it by phone, email, and snail mail. 3. Shred papers with personal information. Always shred credit card offers that you don’t use. Also, shred those “convenience checks” you don’t use. 4. Open your credit card bills and bank statements right away. Check for unauthorized charges or withdrawals and report them immediately. 5. Protect your computer from viruses and malware. Use firewall, virus, and spyware protection software – make sure it is updated regularly. Always use “strong” passwords. 6. Always click with caution online. Only enter personal information on secure Web pages with “https” in the address bar and a padlock symbol at the top or bottom of your browser window.
Banking at your fingertips! Omaha Federal Credit Union offers Mobile Banking and Mobile Deposits. Simply download our “TouchBanking” app on your smart phone today and start making your deposits from the convenience of your own home or anywhere! Simple and convenient.
We also offer great rates on Visa® Credit Cards. Just click on the Credit Card tab to learn more and apply for one today.
Omaha Federal Credit Union offers the Popmoney personal payment service to our member’s. This allows you to conveniently send, receive and request money with an email address, mobile phone number or account number, eliminating the need for checks and cash. This is a simple, convenient and secure way to send money. Sign up by clicking on the Bill Payment tab after signing into your account and click on Popmoney.
You can help protect yourself by taking these low-tech, common-sense precautions:
- Never give your Social Security number or other information to strangers who call, text, or send e-mail messages to you, even if they seem legitimate, as with phony “phishing” e-mail that looks like it comes from your bank. And don’t write your Social Security number on checks (except those you send to the IRS), noncredit applications, or other forms.
- Never leave your wallet or purse unattended. Don’t carry your Social Security card, rarely used credit cards, or written PINs or passwords.
- Store financial account statements, medical records, and tax filings in a secure place at home, especially if you let workers or others inside, and shred those documents when you no longer need them
- Don’t post your date of birth, mother’s maiden name, first pet’s name, or other personal information on websites like Facebook, Flickr, Friendster, LinkedIn, MySpace, or Twitter. They’re often used to verify your identity and could allow an imposter electronic access to your accounts.
- A lot of credit/debit-card issuer offers free online or mobile alerts that will warn you of suspicious account activity as soon as it’s detected, sign up for them. The alerts are different from the expensive credit-monitoring services that banks also sell. (You don’t need those.)
Omaha Federal offers Classic and Platinum Credit Cards. We offer no annual, over limit, balance transfer or cash advance fees. Both cards have a 25-day grace period. The Platinum Card has a current low rate of 6% APR. The Classic Card has a current rate of a low 12.8% APR. Apply on-line, visit one of our branch offices or call us at 402-399-9001 for further details.
Omaha Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a candidate to fill a position on our Board of Directors. All directors are members of the Credit Union that volunteer their time and expertise to serve. Board members are expected to attend monthly meetings as well as educational sessions periodically throughout the year. Directors are committed to helping maintain stability and quality service to the members. If you would be interested in serving in this capacity, please contact Cheryl at 402-951-8704 for more information.