Who Can Join Omaha Federal Credit Union?
Omaha Federal Credit Union provides financial services to the following membership:
- Persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in and businesses and other legal entities located in Douglas, Sarpy, or Washington Counties in Nebraska or Pottawattamie County in Iowa.
- Immediate family members or household members of anyone eligible to join Omaha FCU. Immediate family members are defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. Immediate family member also includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
How Do You Join Omaha Federal Credit Union?
There are three convenient ways to join.
- You can join online by filling out the online Membership Application.
- You can join in person. There is a Member Service Representative at each of our offices, who will make opening an Omaha FCU account an easy, pleasant experience.To open an account in-person at one of our offices, you will need to bring one of the following pieces of identification:
- A valid Driver’s License
- A Military ID
- A valid Passport, or
- An Alien Registration Card.
If you don’t have a photo ID, you must supply two (2) of the following forms of identification:
- Employer identification
- Major Credit Card
- Two (2) current utility bills showing your current address
You will also need cash or a check for at least $5 payable to Omaha Federal Credit Union to open your Savings Account.
- If you don’t have the time to come into one of our office locations, you can give one of our Member Service Representatives a call at (402) 399-9001. The Member Service Representative will mail everything you need to open an Omaha FCU Account. When applying by mail, you will need to send a photocopy of your identification.To join by mail:
- Complete the Membership card in full, signing where indicated.
- Include a photocopy of your identification. Refer above for valid ID’s.
- Enclose a check in the amount of at least $5 payable to Omaha FCU to open your Savings Account.
- Mail the completed Membership Card, copy of identification, and check to:
Omaha Federal Credit Union
3001 S 82nd Ave
Omaha, NE 68124-3258
What Online Services Are Available Through Omaha Federal Credit Union?
Omaha FCU offers our members a number of products and services that allow them to transact most of their Credit Union business in the privacy of their home or office. On our web site you can:
- Take advantage of our Virtual Branch Online Banking, and Bill Payer service. Both of these services are free and you can sign up for both online.
- Apply for loans. Just fill out our On-line loan application and you will receive immediate answer on your loan.
- Receive your Omaha FCU statements online. When you sign up for online banking, you also have the option to apply for E-Statement online statements. E-statements allow you to receive your statement sooner (usually within 2-3 business days). Plus it’s safer than paper statements and more eco-friendly to the environment.
- You can also get Credit Card information. Through EzCardinfo.com you can log in and check on your Omaha Federal VISA credit card balance, payments, transactions, and available credit limit.
- In addition to the above services, the Omaha FCU web site offers you a host of financial information – everything from how to finance a new car to how to purchase your next home.
Omaha Federal Credit Union’s routing # is 304083309.
DEBIT / CREDIT CARDS
Does Omaha Federal Credit Union Offer Credit Cards?
Omaha FCU offers three type of VISA Credit Cards.
A low-interest VISA® Classic credit card that offers limits up to $10,000. Cardholders are given a 25 day grace period during which they can pay off their balances, interest-free.
The current fixed interest rate is 12.8% APR. There is no annual fee.
Omaha FCU also offers a Regular Savings Secured VISA® Credit Card. Your credit limit is secured by money in your Regular Savings account. The interest rate is 11.8% APR. There is no annual fee and a 25-day grace period. There is no fee or higher rate for cash advances.
Both of these cards offer you convenience
- Use your VISA card at millions of locations.
- ATM access via the VISA® ATM network.
- Get added security when you shop online with your Omaha FCU VISA. Sign up for the free Verified by VISA service.
Omaha Federal Credit Union’s Platinum Preferred VISA credit card with credit limits up to $25,000, not only offers a very competitive variable rate, 25 day grace period, and no annual fee, but also these other great features and benefits:
- Score Card Bonus Points: Every time you use your Omaha FCU Platinum Preferred Card, you’ll earn bonus points toward great merchandise, like appliances and sports equipment or earn airline mileage.
- Concierge Service: Whether arranging a dinner, planning a golf outing or scoring tickets to a special event, these services and more are available through this special Concierge Service.
- Travel Accident Insurance: You and your family will automatically be covered with common carrier travel accident insurance every time you use your card to pay for your fare.
- 90-Day Product Protection: Protects your retail purchases for 90 days after the date of purchase against loss, theft, or breakage.
- Travel Reservation Service: Access a full service travel agency via a toll-free number.
- Payment Card Registration: Register credit and debit cards at one time and in one place so reporting stolen or lost cards is easy and convenient.
Plus you’ll also receive peace of mind with $1000 of Identity Theft Insurance and Identity Theft Victim Assistance.
What should I do if I forget my VISA Check Card PIN?
Please call us at 402-399-9001 to speak with a Member Services Representative and they will assist you.
What should I do if my VISA Check Card is lost or stolen?
To report a lost or stolen VISA Check card during normal business hours, please call Omaha FCU at either 402-399-9001 or 1-800-660-7350. After hours, please contact 1-800-554-8969. You can also use our two electronic forms located at our web site (www.omahafcu.org) to report lost/stolen cards or replace damaged VISA Check Cards.
What if I haven’t received my VISA Check Card?
Our VISA Check cards usually take 7-10 business days to arrive at its destination. Therefore, if you have not received your card after 10 days please call us at 402-399-9001.