Who Can Join Omaha Federal Credit Union?
Omaha Federal Credit Union provides financial services to the following membership:
- Persons who live, work, worship, or attend school in and businesses and other legal entities located in Douglas, Sarpy, or Washington counties in Nebraska or Pottawattamie County in Iowa.
- Immediate family members or household members of anyone eligible to join Omaha FCU. Immediate family members are defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. Immediate family member also includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
How Do You Join Omaha Federal Credit Union?
There are three convenient ways to join.
- You can join online by filling out the online Membership Application.
- You can join in person. There is a Member Service Representative at each of our offices, who will make opening an Omaha FCU account an easy, pleasant experience. To open an account in-person at one of our offices, you will need to bring one of the following pieces of identification:
- A valid Driver’s License
- A Military ID
- A valid Passport, or
- An Alien Registration Card
If you don’t have a photo ID, you must supply two (2) of the following forms of identification:
- Employer identification
- Major Credit Card
- Two (2) current utility bills showing your current address
You will also need cash or a check for at least $5 payable to Omaha Federal Credit Union to open your Savings Account.
- If you don’t have the time to come into one of our office locations, you can give one of our Member Service Representatives a call at (402) 399-9001. The Member Service Representative will mail everything you need to open an Omaha FCU Account. When applying by mail, you will need to send a photocopy of your identification. To join by mail:
- Complete the Membership card in full, signing where indicated
- Include a photocopy of your identification. Refer above for valid IDs
- Enclose a check in the amount of at least $5 payable to Omaha FCU to open your Savings Account
- Mail the completed Membership Card, copy of identification, and check to:
Omaha Federal Credit Union
3001 S 82nd Ave
Omaha, NE 68124-3258
What Online Services Are Available Through Omaha Federal Credit Union?
Omaha FCU offers our members a number of products and services that allow them to transact most of their Credit Union business in the privacy of their home or office. On our web site you can:
- Take advantage of our Virtual Branch Online Banking, and Bill Payer service. Both of these services are free and you can sign up for both online.
- Apply for loans. Just fill out our On-line loan application and you will receive an immediate answer on your loan.
- Receive your Omaha FCU statements online. When you sign up for online banking, you also have the option to apply for E-Statement online statements. E-statements allow you to receive your statement sooner (usually within 2-3 business days). Plus it’s safer than paper statements and more eco-friendly to the environment.
- Electronic Customer Service (eCS): Once logged into your Online Banking account, members have access to real-time credit card information, including transactions, pending activity, payment information and custom email alerts. Plus, members can sign up for electronic statements. Payments can also be made by calling 402.399.9001, by mailing to our branch (Omaha Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 2711, Omaha, NE 68103-2711) or in person. We also encourage you to set up CardValet® to check your account balances as well as access your card transaction history. CardValet® can also provide alerts on transactions, lock your card in an instant for any reason, manage spending by setting purchase limits, block international usage, and so much more.
- In addition to the above services, the Omaha FCU website offers you a host of financial information – everything from how to finance a new car to how to purchase your next home.
Omaha Federal Credit Union’s routing # is 304083309.
DEBIT / CREDIT CARDS
Does Omaha Federal Credit Union Offer Credit Cards?
You can choose from three different credit cards.
- VISA® Rewards: Earn 1.5% Cash Back or 1.5 Points for Every $1 Spent. Our VISA® Rewards credit card currently has a variable rate as low as 11.25% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) with a minimum credit line of $1,000. There is no annual fee and no balance transfer fee.
- VISA® Preferred Rate: This credit card currently has a variable rate as low as 7.99% APR. There is no annual fee and no balance transfer fee.
- VISA® Secured: This credit card currently has a fixed rate of 15.99% APR with a minimum credit line of $500. There is no annual fee and no balance transfer fee.
These three credit cards all offer:
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay
- Contactless: Secure tap and go payment method
- EMV Chip Card
- CardValet® – Get alerts on transactions, lock your card in an instant for any reason, manage spending by setting purchase limits, block international usage, and so much more
- Use your VISA® credit card at millions of locations
- ATM access via the VISA® ATM network
- Get added security when you shop online with your VISA® credit card. This option is available through VISA® Secure only if a merchant participates in this program.
What should I do if I forget my VISA® Debit Card PIN?
Please call us at 402-399-9001 to speak with a Member Services Representative and they will assist you.
What should I do if my VISA® Debit Card is lost or stolen?
To report a lost or stolen VISA® Debit card during normal business hours, please call Omaha FCU at either 402-399-9001 or 1-800-660-7350. After hours, please contact 1-800-554-8969. You can also use our two electronic forms located at our web site (www.omahafcu.org) to report lost/stolen cards or replace damaged VISA Debit Cards.
What if I haven’t received my VISA® Debit Card?
Our VISA® Debit cards usually take 7-10 business days to arrive at its destination. Therefore, if you have not received your card after 10 days, please call us at 402-399-9001.