Project Santa is off to a great start! We are accepting donations now through December 21st for children at the Open Door Mission. The needs this year are greater for the older children. Items such as, board games, sports balls, art sets, makeup kits, etc. would be great. Please bring your new, unwrapped toy/donation to any Omaha Federal location and help to put a smile on a child’s face Christmas morning. We will also accept cash donations. Thank you for your support.
Please join us Thursday, October 18, 2018 for International Credit Union Day. We will have cookies and coffee at each branch. Please come and help us celebrate Credit Unions!
You can help protect yourself by taking these low-tech, common-sense precautions:
- Never give your Social Security number or other information to strangers who call, text, or send e-mail messages to you, even if they seem legitimate, as with phony “phishing” e-mail that looks like it comes from your bank. And don’t write your Social Security number on checks (except those you send to the IRS), noncredit applications, or other forms.
- Never leave your wallet or purse unattended. Don’t carry your Social Security card, rarely used credit cards, or written PINs or passwords.
- Store financial account statements, medical records, and tax filings in a secure place at home, especially if you let workers or others inside, and shred those documents when you no longer need them
- Don’t post your date of birth, mother’s maiden name, first pet’s name, or other personal information on websites like Facebook, Flickr, Friendster, LinkedIn, MySpace, or Twitter. They’re often used to verify your identity and could allow an imposter electronic access to your accounts.
- A lot of credit/debit-card issuer offers free online or mobile alerts that will warn you of suspicious account activity as soon as it’s detected, sign up for them. The alerts are different from the expensive credit-monitoring services that banks also sell. (You don’t need those.)
Omaha Federal Credit Union is again teaming up with the Open Door Mission and Lydia House to distribute new, unwrapped toy donations to children in need this holiday season. If you’d like to donate a new, unwrapped toy, donation boxes can be found at Omaha Federal locations! Please join us on Saturday morning, Dec 2 from 10:00-noon for our Radio remote with Scott Voorhees from KFAB and enjoy some cookies or donuts and a cup of coffee. Toys can be dropped off until Dec 17th.
Help us celebrate International Credit Union Day on Thursday October 19th. We will be serving cookies and coffee at our offices so stop by and say Hello. Omaha Federal thanks you for trusting us serve your financial needs.
We have Safe Deposit Boxes available at our Main, Downtown and Blair Branch offices. We have very competitive annual rates on these boxes and we have several different sizes to choose from. Boxes start as low as $15 annually. Start protecting your important items today! Stop by or call our office today to get more information. 402-399-9001
Omaha Federal is collecting toys for the homeless children that are temporarily living at the Open Door Mission. If you are out shopping for your Christmas gifts, please consider buying an extra gift for the one of the over 6000 children we are trying to help right here in Omaha. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy to any of our locations. Saturday, December 3rd we will have Tim Sheridan from KGOR radio here to help us collect. Please join us from 10:00-noon for a cup of coffee and donuts.
Omaha Federal is partnering with the Open Door Mission in an effort to “Beat the Heat” this summer. We are looking for donations of Bottled Water, Fans and Sunscreen. Please help us help others by dropping your donation off at any Omaha Federal Credit Union location during the month of July. Let’s make a difference!!
Shopping for the Holidays? Checking your list twice? Help make Christmas an exciting time for those less fortunate. Consider buying a toy for a child you have never met. Omaha Federal Credit Union is collecting new, unwrapped toys for Project Santa and the Open Door Mission. We are trying to meet some needs for 6000 kids in our community. You can drop off your toys at any Omaha Federal Credit Union location. Come and have a cup of coffee and donut with us on Saturday, Dec 12th from 10:00 a.m. until noon and join us for our KFAB radio remote while you drop off your toys at 3001 S 82nd Ave. Merry Christmas!